Skip to main content

ease to disease

What a day. Such a wonderful collection of dear moments. Every next one more magical and compelling than the last. The sumptuous meadow I’m lying in. The embracing wire fences. The stumbling calves and the smiling herd. The hillside I’m repeatedly, vigorously, compulsively rolling down. The mitigating warmth that tickles me. The flow of scents that pulls back on my fleeing through the wild. The willows that reach down to sweep their plush branches against my head. The crunching echoes of the old tree trunks releasing their outer bark. The staggering sounds that whisper and kiss my battered drums. The length of time that opens up in front of me. The absolute simplicity of every former step. The gentlest of hands to loosely clasp my dried out knuckles. The earnest thoughts of leaving everything for only this faintest of possibilities. Pushing out the realities that stab their mortal judgment and oppression into my softened gut. Banning the bitter sting of the grime that pushes in, to overcast the splendour of our undying flicker of all. Edging past the rank, bug infested swamp of expectations and convictions, that freely creep through the skin and sink well in the flesh, conning even the most resilient spirits into compliance. Overwhelmed and tamed by astounding disillusion and disappointment, of seeing perfect moments expire. Rock bottom. The impartiality of highs and lows.