Skip to main content

Mistaking concept for context

Most of the time I try not to feel entitled to anything at all. But occasionally, when I do slip, I profoundly feel I have the right to be annoyed by the evolved state of things that used to matter to me, and which I have failed to consider for a while. And before I regain my desperate posture, a vast amount of disgruntled thoughts, has already made it to my disfigured mind.

Many of the influences and input and noise that we get bombarded with, is teeming and bursting with plots and vicious schemes. I don’t know about you, but it makes me feel totally disconnected to myself. The deepest of feelings are ‘construed’ and ‘displayed’ and ‘facilitated’. It’s like soul is being marketed, easily achieved. I hate that. Really! It goes for anything nowadays. People think they are buying slices of downright purity while they are really spooning filthy shit into their open and vulnerable hearts. All unsuspecting and innocent.

Concept used to be the direct consequence of context. It needed validation by its context and real proof of life. A long, long time ago. We all got so infuriated when the marketeers started shoving ever more brutal baselines down our throat. How we roared and shrieked in premature victory when the interwebz gave us the ‘power back’. A mighty user generated and thus equal weapon against those ravenous mammoth foes. Turns out that thanks to the new and highly volatile nature of content, due to the ridiculous superfluity of the offer, concept became a stand alone product. The mere memory of something called context, now seems enough to validate and justify its presence.

Still people keep calling me to order on my pessimism. Claiming it is inappropriate, misguided even. Trying to point out that there still are silver linings and rays of wonderful sunshine on cloudless days. As if that compensates for all the heaps of putrid stench, that are building up beyond eyeshot. It may be so that there is a more relative state to life. But I don’t want to go there. I want verification.