Skip to main content

Been behaving myself all day long

Some days
you want to see the end of
as quickly as possible.
Some days
you want to have forever.
Here I’m stretched
in the middle of feelings.

The hope of this creeping working day
to be forgotten
before it even started.
The fear of losing precious elements
of magnificent days that race by
with irrepressible force.
Where it seems as if
we get no chance to bloom.
Where we want more of the same
instead of less of the same.

I want ways to reverse this.
I pretend to be on the beach
while I’m behind my desk.
I feign relaxation
while my head spins mad
with worry.

But that ain’t new.

Every time I think
I’m done writing.
That I’ve said it all
and I’ll just repeat myself
new things happen
to feed me.
Not with knowledge though,
because that would silence me
I believe.

I’ll stay as far away as I can
from the quest for knowledge.
For now.
Once in a while
or rather often really
I’ll enjoy the beauty of my shallowness.

I plan on lavishing myself
with a worse version of me.
Just for tonight.