Skip to main content

A.W.E.

What does the world need?
What is ‘the world’?
Is it: the people?
The economy?
Nature?
The planet?
The future for your children?

The social idea has been outlawed
in favour of the capitalist oppression.
In the US they would call me
a communist for that.
In Europe they’d call me
all over the place.
Still the eco-fascist
I guess.

Am I wrong to believe
that everything is intertwined?
That,
due to our exploding numbers,
whatever we decide
will have a profound impact
on everything else?
That,
if we want to maintain this pathetic claim
of being a moral species,
it would be our responsibility
to factor in all variables
in every decision we take.

If you say: yes.
Then we’d better start acting
accordingly
and respect
the real order of things.
Planet,
eco-system,
wildlife,
humans.
And not vice-versa.

If you say: no.
Then you’re declaring
natural law.
And there will be no more
hiding behind anything.
Not for you.
Because we
us
the lowly
the communards of dirt
we
are already
wide in the open.
No more veils to cover
or laws to protect
your investments,
your capital,
your greed,
your disgrace,
your abuse.

Saying ‘no’
means as much as saying:
I have the right to do
whatever I like
and now finally,
so have you.
Come to my mansion,
my yacht,
my estate,
my domain,
my property,
my bank.
Take everything I own.
Abuse me.
Molest my family.
Destroy
and undermine my life
as much as
I have been doing this all
to you.
I crave this equal treatment
through natural law.

Which system would understand
the true requirements of a planet?
Do you really believe it is
a government,
a rebellion,
an economy,
a tyranny,
a religion,
a philosophy,
a persuasion?
Or do you finally understand
that our way of consideration
is defunct?
That our psyche
needs to evolve.
And if it doesn’t
it will have to take the word
of those that have nothing to gain
from it.
The word of the ones
that have lost it all.
The word
of the lowest.

THAT
is your new standard.