Skip to main content

Multitudes of something


I'm still talking to you.
Even though I have long established 
you are not really real.
You are a severed thought.
A strange perfection that rises from 
the far worse than imperfect components of me.

It's like you're sitting 
at a table with me.
Something normal. 
Reassuring me that 
I'm not losing my mind. 
But that kind of confirms 
that I am.
You are not a women, 
nor a man. 
You are not a lowly beast,
nor divine interference. 
You are nothing and omega. 
You are what only comes out 
when I'm alone. 
You are that voice. 
On the far side of 
the bounds of reason. 

There is an abnormal need 
for recurrence
to capture and store the nature of you. 
For those moments when I need you most.
When I'm not alone anymore 
but I want to feel alone. 

My conditioning program.
Repeating gestures 
patterns
moves
steps
stares
numbers
letters
...
Routines really.

Things to calm me down 
when my crusade for new theorems 
won't rest. 
When the pounding controls me 
instead of the other way round. 
When I have lost all 
but my mission. 

In my private moments of seclusion 
I'm building a set of applicable memorabilia 
to sweeten the acidic nighttime. 
An arsenal of resistance. 
A defense through overexposure.
An immunity.

And when I'm all pumped up and tough
ready to endure and defy
you'll speak one unreal word 
from your unreal mouth 
and I'm back at the start. 

The word is
yes.