Skip to main content

The full extent

Some would disagree with me
but I defend the idea 
that my inability to 
say anything new 
is no reason for me 
to stop formulating.

It may be a reason for you 
to stop reading. 
But frankly, 
I don't give a shit. 
Never have and never will. 

If I can't have this 
without the meddling of anyone 
I don't want anything 
ever again. 

Why should we feel forced 
to do things only 
to be liked 
or appreciated by others?
Isn't that the wrongest objective 
to aim for?

It is said that an artist 
can only be an artist 
if his work is seen by others. 
If he has an audience to validate 
his expression. 
But I disagree. 
Strongly. 

I've seen one too many talent 
wasted 
squandered 
ignored 
because of this misconception. 
The desire to create 
or make any move whatsoever 
should not be driven by 
response. 

This is a systematic perversion 
not an instinctive feeling.
It is a type of twisted reasoning 
that some of us 
maybe most of us 
have come to carry as 
a principle. 
A proposition 
based on nothing. 

The only motive to do 
or produce 
or create anything 
should be the mere idea to do so. 
As a mystical reincarnation 
of expressions 
outside of our anatomy. 
As an extension of our limbs 
and senses. 
As an escape 
from the confines of our carcass 
and consciousness. 
A direct hotline to our deeper essence. 
It is the true character 
of finding our ultimate place 
in the larger scheme. 

Don't hold anything back.
Not for fear of derision. 
And certainly not for the prospect 
of being ignored. 
That would be 
the worst argument.