Skip to main content

We still can not have all of this, can we?



Not all of the time.
Not even most of the time.
Hardly some of the time.
There’s nothing that justifies
a compromise
of that nature
but there is no alternative.
It is expected.
It is the set of rules
that keeps us from tearing each other to pieces.
You’d say that I would come to
some different conclusion
after going over it this many times.
But here I stand
again.
On the same point.
At the same
end.
Looking at a choice
that is made for me.
By life.
Every day.
Because it is
the only thing to do.
Because it is
the given track.
I guess that is the middle ground
that we all call morality.

And it is by these rules
that we decide which way to turn.
Then why don’t these rules
appease the soul?
Because nothing soothes the unrest more
than the things that can’t be?
Nothing is complete.
The life on either side of the wire.

I can’t keep staring at this wall for ever,
can I?
I have to get out of this place
at some point.
And start over.
Taking some leap of faith.
Faith in the fact that maybe
the unsafe side of the wire
is perfectly ok.
It’s not that bad at all.
It’s just different.
With a different set of rules.
But maybe a lot more freedom.
The freedom to let go
of the things 
that can’t let go
of you. 

It is not the other way around.