Skip to main content

The compendium of all heresies


We took a drive
into the city
to check out the opening 
of a night shop 
slash
book store
slash
gallery.
New fads are flashing their pink
all of the time 
I guess. 
Back in my days
things were just a lot different.
Not that they were any less
about the form 
than they are now.
But I was
younger.
And more forgiving.

I can't stand
the perfect haircuts
anymore. 
But I was no better 
at that age.
Maybe I'm just not fit
to mingle with twenty-something
year olds. 
I have passed my prime.
That's for sure. 

I still have the same
fuck you all attitude
I had when I was twenty.
And even though 
I recognize and agree
that it's a stupid attitude
I'm proud to be like that. 
I don't 
stand my ground.
I don't
muck about. 
I don't 
nod. 
I don't know 
that book.
Or that new single. 
I don't know
anything. 
Stop asking me 
stupid shit like that, please.
Believe me
that's the way to go.

I retreat half the time 
like Sun Tzu. 
And I win half my battles. 
With the adequate respect
towards my foes. 

So I have no issues
staring this new generation
in the eyes
saying:
"welcome kids, 
you are welcome to 
my liver
and my heart."

And I mean it. 
I've had 
my heyday. 

All I need now
is to be 
balanced 
and
to kiss my muse. 

This life is 
magnificent
in every light.